Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!





It's the most wonderful time of the year! It's Christmas! I am so excited about the holiday! Christmas does bring out the kid in most of us, and it certainly does in me. I love looking at our beautifully decorated tree and can't wait to open the presents under it. I'm looking forward to spending the holiday with my family. I'm also looking forward to watching the kids with their presents. I think that's the most fun of all!




We've been quite busy during the holiday season. Last weekend we celebrated Justin & Kaitlin's birthdays and went to a wonderful Christmas party at the Joneses. This past Thursday was our CHS Christmas luncheon. Yesterday we got to visit with dear friends at a baby shower. Dad and I have been to two Saints games over the last two Sundays. (We won't discuss today's outcome!) Exams have come and gone, and fortunately I have graded them all!


This year we will follow our Christmas tradition and spend Christmas at Ryan and Lori's. A new tradition we started after Katrina was Christmas Eve at Troy and Jennifer's. Two days of family and food--what else could you want?!


Probably the thing I'm most excited for is Midnight Mass. This year I will be lectoring. I can't wait! We haven't been to Midnight Mass in several years, and I've never lectored on a big holiday before. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. Blessed--isn't that what Christmas is all about? It's about a baby born over 2000 years ago, a baby who was born and would later die to save the world. The real reason for Christmas is Jesus Christ. He gave us the most important gift of all, the gift of love.

May you and yours be blessed and surrounded by love during this holiday season. Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Paula McGehee Photography said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Have a great time with your friends and family. I hope to see you soon at Scrappin' Buds; let me know the next time you are planning to crop.
Paula