I admit it. I am an Olympic junkie. I love it. The fact that they only happen every four years makes it even more special. Now you know I have an opinion on everything, and of course I have opinions about the Olympics. Here are some of my rambling views.
· Trampoline is an Olympic sport?! Really?! Are you kidding me?! My seven-year-old cousin could do that! She’s pretty good on a trampoline. The IOC got rid of baseball and softball, but they put in trampoline?! I’m still questioning this one.
· Water polo. Men in Speedos. ‘Nuff said.
· Russian gymnasts need to get over themselves. Listen up, chickies. You aren’t always going to win. Suck it up.
· Speaking of gymnastics, when did it become appropriate to pay judges for an appeal? Does the mafia run gymnastics now? What do they do with this money? Seems a little shady to me.
· Swimming. More men in Speedos.
· I love watching Debbie Phelps. She’s awesome. I love that Michael Phelps still gets all emotional even after winning 157 gold medals. Shows you that his mama raised him right.
· I didn’t like watching Ryan Lochte’s dad get all pissy after his son lost. Shows you where this guy’s priorities are. I was a big Lochte fan, but after all this I’m not so sure. Oh yeah. He also admits to peeing in the pool. Major ewwwww factor. Major.
· Beach volleyball. Not enough men in Speedos.
· I wonder how many other swimmers pee in the pool.
· Where does the 6’9” female Chinese basketball player buy clothes? I’m pretty sure there aren’t many big and tall stores in China.
· There is a U.S. volleyball player named Destiny Hooker. Were her parents trying for a self-fulfilling prophecy? Thankfully she got into volleyball instead of street walking.
· Why aren’t the field events shown more on TV? Last night we got a 15 minute analysis of a 10 second race. Long jump got about three minutes. I want to see pole vaulting. Javelin and shotput are cool. We need to see more of that.
· Do you think Michael Phelps pees in the pool?
· There should just be a 100 point rule in basketball whenever the Americans are playing, kind of like the 10 run rule in baseball.
· Do divers pee in the pool?
There’s only one more week of Olympic fun to be had, so watch and enjoy!