Saturday, April 19, 2008

Love and Marriage

Isn't that what makes the world go round? No, I haven't fallen in love, nor have I gotten married since I last blogged. Wouldn't that be exciting if I had, though?

Last Friday we attended the wedding of our very dear friend Ann. Our families are really more like family than friends. It was wonderful to see everyone and have a great time with them. Here are a few pics from the evening.

Ann & Greg


Deb & Me


Deb & Rosalind


Then on Wednesday, my parents celebrated their 42nd wedding anniversary. How amazing is that? In this day and age when people bail on marriages when the going gets tough, my parents have stuck it out all these years. They are so totally amazing, and I love them so very much.


Speaking of love, those of you who know me well know how much I love American Idol. This season has not disappointed! My favorite is David Cook. How can you not love him? He is amazing! I totally love what he did with this Mariah Carey song this past week. I don't know, though, that I want him to win. I'd like to see his career take a path similar to Chris Daughtry's. We shall see.

I also want to show a little love to an awesome writer. In my last post I mentioned some of my favorite Twilight fan fiction stories. I completely failed to mention the totally amazing Blondie. She can get inside Edward's head like no one else. I swear she has him trapped in her closet or something! You can find her fabulous stories here.

On a totally unrelated note, I have been so sick this weekend. I had a horrible cough for about a week before I finally went to the doctor Monday. He gave me two cough medicines, an antibiotic, and two shots before sending me merrily on my way. I felt great Monday night and all day Tuesday, but everything started up again on Wednesday. By last night my head was congested, and I was running fever. I'm feeling a bit better tonight, but you can rest assured I will be on the phone with the clinic first thing Monday morning!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

4 comments:

blondie said...

Aw, thanks for the love Bridget - you look wonderful!

I hope you're feeling better...

here's a germ-free kiss: MWAH!

blondie

J.P. said...

Take care of yourself and FEEL BETTER!

missfine said...

I can't believe I only just found your blog. You and I are such kindred spirits! My new book is called "Someday My Prince Will Come: true adventures of a WANNABE PRINCESS"!!!

www.jerramyfine.com

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

one phrase... GO TEAM EDWARD!!!

Seriously tell me what you think will happen! HUGS woman!