Tuesday, November 29, 2005


Heaux, Heaux, Heaux!
Yes, it's Christmastime again. Even here in the New Orleans area, Katrina can't stop the holidays from coming. Actually, I'm glad Christmas is on its way. It's a nice diversion from everything that's been going on. Our tree is up. It's smaller than we've had in the past, but I swear it's even more beautiful than any tree we've ever had. (Sorry I don't have a picture of it yet!) We were able to recover all of our Christmas decorations from our attic. Putting those ornaments on the tree yesterday was wonderful. Mom and I reminisced as we hung them. There's the wreath I made in kindergarten. We have a labrador retriever ornament for our late dog Ginger. I have several ornaments that were given to me by students. I haven't had this much fun decorating the tree in years.

If you're wondering just what the heck is in that picture, let me explain. This is part of a Christmas village display at a local mall. The blue tarps represent the ones put on homes by the Army Corps of Engineers. They protect homes that had roof damage during the hurricane. The mall apparently wanted to accurately display Christmas in New Orleans in 2005!

Yes, this will be a different kind of Christmas. The important things, however, will remain the same. Family and friends will come together for the holiday. The Christmas spirit will surround us. Most importantly, we will celebrate the birth of Christ. And isn't that really the reason for the season?

2 comments:

Jennifer Stewart said...

Hey girl :) Love this picture!!

I know Christmas will be different for your family this year, but you know what? I'm glad you are all ALIVE and together to celebrate Christ's birth. What a blessing that is to you and to US, your friends. :)

Jen

Kim said...

Bridget: So glad to hear that you were able to save your Christmas ornaments. Every ornament has a story. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and I am so happy you are all safe. Have a Merry Christmas--2006 will be a great year for you guys!!!!

Kim
"Kmb10387"