Sunday, July 08, 2007

Well, Hellooooo There!

I know what you're thinking. You're probably saying to yourself, "Where the hell has this girl been for the last 10 months? Why has she not updated this blog? Why have I bothered checking?" And for that, I must apologize. I could lie and say that I've been in a body cast since September and unable to type, but I'm not a very good liar. So just what have I been doing? Hmmmm, let me see...

I was working! As you are probably aware, I went back to work in St. Bernard parish last year. I spent the school year teaching 7th and 8th grade language arts at Chalmette High School. It was just so good to be home! I had a bit of a crazy year, but it was certainly a good one! I taught some great kids. I also made new teacher friends and reconnected with others. Since April I've had the opportunity to attend several workshops and learn some exciting new things. I can't wait to use it all in my classroom! I will be returning to CHS next year since 8th grade is staying. I'm looking forward to another great year.

I was scrapbooking! You know how passionate I am about my scrapbooking, and I've been scrapping up a storm. I've had lots of fun scrapping as of late since I acquired some new scrapping buddies. Angela and Christie got sucked back into this wonderful hobby, and we've done some cropping together. Angela and I went to a few all day crops, and I'm looking forward to spending some quality scrapbook time with her before we go back to school. One of my new scrapping goals is to be published. I know I'll never be a famous scrapper or a Creating Keepsakes Hall of Famer or anything, but I've gotten some nice feedback on my pages and I'd really like to share them. I'd also like to teach the world to sing and but it a Coke, so we'll see if any of this happens.

I was watching the Saints! Yeah, I know football season ended in January, but I'm still on a euphoric high over last season. That was one wild ride! I never dreamed my Saints would do so well. I hoped they would, but I didn't think I'd see it in my lifetime. LOL Coach Peyton had our boys playing some serious football. I've never seen a Saints team so disciplined. They were able to bounce back from adversity, a quality past Saints teams have lacked. It is appropriate that I am listening to Fall Out Boy singing "Thanks for the Memories" as I type this. I will never forget this season. We made it all the way to the NFC Championship! I'm sure the upcoming season will provide us with just as many thrilling moments. You have no idea how exciting it was to sit in the Superdome for our first game back, Monday Night Football against the Falcons. Amazing! Then to actually watch our boys dominate the Eagles in the playoffs like they did, wow! I cried tears of joy when that game was over. Hurry up, football season!

I was being lazy! Yeah, I admit it, there were lots of times I could have blogged but didn't. I know, there's no excuse for it. I promise to be a better blogger in the future.

OK, so there's just a brief recap. I will try to post at least once a week, if not more, to keep you up to date.

2 comments:

Leonore said...

I just happened to be clicking on old links and stumbled upon this one today. It's about time you came back! ROFLOL

Leonore<---your friendly neighborhood blog stalker

J.P. said...

Welcome back!
I missed reading your posts!