Friday, January 04, 2008

Welcome 2008!
Well, we've made it through another year! 2008 has arrived! The family and I had a wonderful time on New Year's Eve. The Miserendinos invited us and the Joneses over for a get-together. It was fun! I'm just so thankful that we are all happy and healthy and that more of our dear friends are finally home in "da parish."
The new year also ushered in some winter weather. Wednesday and Thursday were downright cold! The temps never made it out of the 30s. I realize that for some of you that's nothing, but New Orleans doesn't usually get that cold. I loved it, though! I may have been born and raised down here, but I have never gotten used to the hot and muggy N'awlins summers. Today was a beautiful day, sunny with temps in the 50s, but I was complaining that it was too warm! Oh well, can't please everyone!

We returned to school yesterday, and I can't say I was too happy about it. Oh sure, I was glad to see my friends and students, but it just didn't seem to make sense for us to go back for only two days. I think we'll all be in a better frame of mind once Monday rolls around. Monday also marks the beginning of the second semester. My students won't be leaving me since they have English all year, but it's still a time for a fresh start. I hope I'm blessed with a second semester that's as good as the first one!

I didn't do much scrapping over the holiday, mostly because my room is in disarray! We moved Daddy's exercise bike in here temporarily to make room for the Christmas tree. We also have totes, boxes, and wrapping paper all over. We plan to pack up the Christmas decorations this weekend, so hopefully I'll get to scrapping soon. I did do a few pages at the kitchen table last weekend while watching football. I have been organizing photos, so I hope I'll be able to scrap them very soon! Scrappin' Buds is having a 50% off sale through tomorrow, so I think I'll head over there and spend the GC I got for Christmas!

I found this scrapbook site yesterday, and I was soooo inspired by it. It's called Pencil Lines, and there's so much great stuff on it. I realize it may not be new to some of you, but if you haven't been there, check it out!

Happy Friday!


2 comments:

Kate O'Brien said...

Glad to hear someone has been liking the colder weather! Cause I sure haven't been! :) Ready for those 76 degree temps today.

Glad your holidays were lovely! Onwards into the new year! And Scrapbooks Etc. is my hang too girlie - so let's get together! I don't live too far away either so we could do lunch too after scrappy stuff. Can't wait! Sometime soon - k?

Michelle said...

Glad you had wonderful holidays! =) Thanks for stopping by my lil ol blog!