Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar
OK, since the title of this blog is "Confessions of a Wannabe Princess," I have a confession to make. I am a big weenie. Oh sure, I seem crazy and outgoing, and I am to an extent. But when it comes to doing certain things I'm just a big wimp.

I am a really big wimp when it comes to guys. I have several close male friends, but I always strike out in the boyfriend department. One reason is because I have always lacked the nerve to talk to cute guys or ask a guy out. Give me a guy who wants to talk football and I am so there. Give me a guy I want to ask out and I am gone. I guess I've always been afraid of rejection. Heck, who isn't! Well, you'll be proud of me. Last week I finally got up the courage to ask out a guy that I've liked for some time. Unfortunately he said no, but I'm not crawling back into my corner and hiding. On the contrary, I'm quite proud of myself. I can't believe I actually took a chance like that. Things may not work out with this particular guy, but perhaps in the future I'll be more willing to take chances and ask out another guy.

I've talked about my problem with being spastic already here. Well, I have another accomplishment under my proverbial belt. I am not mechanically inclined at all! Can't fix anything, can't put anything together. The other day I bought a new CD shelf, and it needed to be put together. Last night I took a look at it and figured it couldn't be all that hard to do. It wasn't! I put it together all by myself! I was feeling pretty empowered, so tonight I took on another challenge. I put together a bookcase that I bought for my classroom. Except for a teeny bit of help from Dad, I put that bad boy together on my own! I am so proud! I can't believe I did it! Now it might collapse when I put books on it, but I did it.

The sky's the limit for me now. I can do anything. Maybe I'll call some old flames and see if they have any furniture they need assembled.

No comments: