Monday, August 22, 2005

You're Not Supposed to Question the Man Upstairs, but...
All my life I've been told that God has a plan for us all. We may not always agree or want to deal with the hand we've been dealt, but still we persevere. I do believe that God has a plan for us, but today I'm left wondering what His plan is supposed to be.

This morning I got the awful news that a co-worker's 16-year-old daughter had been killed in a car accident. Rachel was a beautiful, vibrant young woman, the kind of girl you hoped your daughter would turn out to be. Now because of a stupid mistake, she will never know the joys that other teenagers experience: prom, graduation, going to college. Her parents will never see their daughter get married and have a family. A boy now has to grow up without his big sister. It just stinks.

And it's not just Rachel's death that has me thinking this. Saturday night a football player for the San Francisco 49ers collapsed and died after a game. All of his teammates have described him as a happy young man, always laughing, someone who wanted nothing more than to help his family financially. Why him?

Death happens. It's a fact of life. I guess God doesn't want the bad ones. He only takes the good. But then as I wonder why these young people's lives were cut so short, I do feel good knowing that they are now guardian angels. I don't know. I know that God has a plan. I just wish He'd let me in on it.

1 comment:

Dancing For Jesus said...

Hey Derbby :o) is it okay if i call you that That will be your nickname from me :o) Its Canaan o.O I have a few things to say

Rachel's death is a tragedy, even for me, and i didn't know her. I watched the news 4 times and heard the story 4 times and every time made my stomache hurt worse. As sad as it is, it's a wakeup call. Life is too short to be messing around. We needa live each day like it's our last, b/c one day it will be. One of these days, it'll be our turn. Maybe sooner than we hope, maybe longer off than we hope. The big thing is, though, that if we're chasing after God's heart, he will bless us. He'll get us through hard times. The bible says a sad face is good for the heart. even though it doesn't feel so great at the time, when you look back, it makes you a stronger person. If there's one thing i've learned in my life it's that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Its time for more people to wake up and realize that tomorrow is not a promise. Half hearted Christians are those who flip flop. that's also not good for the soul..b/c when something like this happens, "where do i go? no one understands." Gosh..don't even get me started with that. Anyway, my point is..everyone's got an appointed time to die. There's a time to live and a time to die. a time to weep and a time to laugh..it was just Rachel's time...and this will make our cumminity stronger. Her body might be gone but her memory lives on.

<3
CanaanLand