Wednesday, March 15, 2006


A Brees Blows into Town
I know, bad pun, but I couldn't help it. The Saints have a new quarterback! I am so excited about the signing of Drew Brees. I think this is the biggest and best free agent acquisition we have ever made. Drew is a proven winner. Yes, I know he had shoulder surgery in the offseason, but I don't think that will hinder him. He seems to have a great attitude, and that will take him far. He is going to continue to wear #9 with the Saints, so if anyone sees those black and gold #9 jerseys, let me know!

I'm also excited about the signing of linebacker Scott Fujita. I was a fan of his when he played for Kansas City. I think he too will have a great impact on the team. Someone actually told me today that he thinks the Saints will go to the Super Bowl. Uh, no, I don't think so. Stranger things have happened, but I don't think this will be the year. Sean Payton will be a good coach. We have a good QB. I think the pieces are finally in place.

No comments: