Sunday, March 12, 2006



Catching Cabbages in Chalmette!
Today we went home again for yet another parade. This time it was the Irish-Italian-Islenos Community Parade. Geez, that's a mouthful! It's the one time each year you can catch produce from a float. I'm not sure how other places celebrate, but it's customary in New Orleans to throw cabbage and accompanying veggies. We caught so much that at one point Mom told me I wasn't allowed to catch another cabbage! We did have lots of fun as you can see in the photos. The first one is of my friend Stephanie and her daughter Jenna. Then there's me with my friend Tara. The last one is of my friends Emily, Kim, & Jonesie. They ride in the parade each year. This parade is very family friendly. Lots of kids like Emily ride along with their parents. It was a great day. I only hope the smell of onions is gone from my car in the morning!

Dad decided to go back and work at our house instead of going to the parade. He and Mom bought a weed wacker since the weeds seem to be taking over the place. He worked hard all afternoon and still didn't finish. Now they need a lawnmower. Everything else might still be dormant, but the grass is growing. I guess that's a promising sign.

Yesterday at church we got some wonderful news. Our priest from Chalmette has been named pastor of the church we are now attending in Slidell. We cheered when the announcement was made at Mass yesterday! I consider Fr. Mark a friend as well, and it will be so great to have a piece of home nearby.

School is still going well. I like working at PJHS. Last week just seemed to fly by. Before you know it the school year will be over. Where has the time gone?

Enjoy the rest of yoru Sunday evening and have a great week!

1 comment:

Jennifer Stewart said...

Well now aren't you just so cute with your cabbage??? I love that tradition. How fun!! :)

Jen