Thursday, March 02, 2006



Scrapping and Shorty's
Hello blog readers! Hope those of you in the New Orleans area enjoyed Mardi Gras. I celebrated by going to a 24-hour crop at Scrappin' Buds. (Check 'em out at www.slidellscrapbook.com.) As you can tell by the picture on the left, I had a good time. I have finished scrapping all of my 2005 pictures and am completely caught up on 2006. Now I'm going back to scrap my 2004 photos. The crop was a blast! I didn't stay up for the whole 24 hours, though. I slept for a few hours on the floor of the store! We were well fed and had lots of fun. It was a great time.

I only went to one parade this year. It was the Knights of Nemesis parade in Chalmette. It was awesome to see my hometown pull together and celebrate for a while. We truly needed that. Now I'm more anxious than ever to go back home. I miss St. Bernard so much.

Today I got to spend some time in St. Bernard. I'm off of school for the week, so Mom and I went home this afternoon. We went to the house first and got to see our neighbor's FEMA trailer. It's pretty nice. It's not bad for two people, but I can't see Mom, Daddy, and me living in one with three cats! We ran a few errands and stopped for lunch. One of my favorite sandwich places, Shorty's Deli, has a trailer set up in the parish. Mom and I had roast beef poboys. Yum! You can see me sinking my teeth into it in the picture on the far left. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a sandwich so much. There was lots of traffic today. I just know things are going to return to normal. It will take a while, but it will.

On March 12, there will be another parade. The Irish-Italian-Islenos Parade will roll through Chalmette. Of course I will be there! I will take advantage of any excuse to go home!


No comments: