2005--The Year in Review
I saw this done on a friend's blog and thought I'd borrow the idea. (Thanks, Benita!) It's fun, and I encourage y'all to do the same.
1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year?: Yes, to continue the healthy lifestyle changes I started last year.
2. Who kissed you at midnight?: Mom and Dad
3. Did it snow where you live?: Not in January, but it did on Christmas 2004!
4. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop?: Nah, don't like crowds that much!
1. Who was your valentine?: Mom, Dad, Debbie & the cats
2. What did your valentine get you?: Pajama pants. I also got some cute cards from my students.
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class?: Yep. I also bought Valentines for all of my students this year.
1. Are you Irish? A tad
2. Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day?: Yes
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day?: Worked! I went to the St. Bernard Irish/Italian/Islenos parade the Sunday before.
1. Do you like the rain?: No!
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year?: Surprisingly no.
3. Did you get tons of candy on Easter?: I got enough.
1. What's your favorite kind of flower?: Roses and daisies
2. Do you like the spring? Yes! I enjoy the nice weather before the summer comes.
3. Finish the phrase: "April showers bring...": May flowers. May flowers bring pilgrims!
4. What would you think of as a spring color?: PINK!
1. What year did you graduate from school?: 1987
2. Did you go on any vacations last June?: No
1. What did you do on the 4th of July? Went to a BBQ at my cousin's
2. Did you go on any vacations during this month?: Yes, I went to Biloxi, MS, for three days. I attended the Dance Teachers United competition and hung out at the pool and went to the casino.
1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer?: Yes, I evacuated for Hurricane Katrina.
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05?: July 4 and the Biloxi trip
3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer?: No, I evacuated for Katrina.
4. Did you go to the beach a lot?: No, but I wish I had.
1. Did you attend school/college in '05?: No
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher?: Me! LOL My favorite teacher was Mrs. Abercrombie. She was my social studies teacher for three of my four years of high school. The woman should be canonized for putting up with me for so long.
3. Did you like fall better than summer?: Yes because I hate heat and humidity.
1. What was your favorite Halloween costume ever?: The pumpkin costume I had made during my freshman year of high school. I wore that thing for years!
2. What's your favorite candy?: Chocolate!
3. What did you dress up like this year?: Nothing really. I wore my Old Navy Halloween shirt with a crown from Burger King.
1. Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving?: We stayed home and had our dear friends over for dinner.
2. Do you like stuffing?: No.
3. What are you thankful for?: My family and friends and the fact that we all survived Katrina.
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?: Yes
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe?: Does kissing the cats under the mistletoe count?3. What do you want this year for Christmas?: Flannel sheets, a jewelry box, and good news from St. Bernard Parish officials
4. What's the best present you ever got for Christmas?: A ring that my grandmother gave me. My grandfather had given it to her when they were dating. :-)
5. Do you like cold weather?: Yes!
6. How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10?: 3--life pre-Katrina was great, but post-Katrina really sucks!
Happy New Year!!!