Tuesday, January 17, 2006


Peyton and Payton
Poor Peyton Manning! He is one of the greatest QBs ever, in my opinion, but he just can't get to the Super Bowl. The Colts had such a great season, yet they blew it Sunday against the Steelers. Yep, they blew it. No excuses. Sure, you can blame Mike Vanderjagt for missing that field goal at the end of the game, but what about the way the team played in the first three quarters. I hated to see it. I'm a huge fan of the Mannings. If you read my blog regularly, you know what a Saints fanatic I am. I love Archie Manning, and I have always followed his sons. Unlike Archie, Peyton plays for a winning team. Like Archie, Peyton can't seem to get to that next level. What a shame. The Colts had such a great season, and I hope fans remember that and not Sunday's loss.

Now to Payton. It looks like my beloved Saints will have a new head coach. Sean Payton, assistant coach with the Dallas Cowboys, will be named the new Saints coach tomorrow. I hope he can bring some good fortune to the team. We need all the help we can get! He's worked under Bill Parcells for the last few years, and Bill is one of the best. Let's hope Sean Payton has as much success in N.O. as Parcells did in Dallas.

Super Bowl picks? Do I have any? Hmmmm, this is hard. I like the four remaining teams. I'd love to see the Panthers represent the NFC because of Louisiana boy Jake Delhomme, but the Seahawks have never reached the big game. Over in the NFC, I like both the Steelers and the Broncos. So to answer my earlier question, no, I don't have any picks. May the best teams win!

Can you tell how much I love football?

No comments: