Monday, January 09, 2006

Believing in Miracles
OK, I have always tried very hard to believe in miracles. Sometimes they do come true. I'm not talking about big things either. For example, my family experienced a great miracle on New Year's Eve. My cousin Rachael gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Kaitlin Rose. Rachael had a safe, healthy pregnancy, but at the end her blood sugar skyrocketed and her placenta became detached. Fortunately, a c-section delivered Kaitlin safely. Both are doing great!

Well, I'm hoping for a miracle now. If you've been reading my blog, you know that I have been unemployed since Hurricane Katrina. My school, along with the rest of St. Bernard Parish, was destroyed. I have been unable to find a teaching job since. Let me tell you, living on unemployment is no fun. I have been searching for a job ever since. This Saturday I went back to St. Bernard to reapply for my job. A school was opened in November, serving grades Pre-K through 12. There were 300 applicants for only 15-20 positions! I had to wonder why I even bothered to go. I went into my interview, though, and put my best foot forward. Some teachers are being hired to work from 11-6, teaching a few classes during the school day and working an after school program from 3-6. Because of that I stressed the experience I've had in my old school's after school program. Only those who are hired will be contacted, and those teachers will be contacted by tomorrow afternoon. I would love to receive one of those phone calls, but I'm not holding my breath. I was feeling somewhat optimistic before the job fair, but now I just don't know. It's quarter to six in the evening now, so I don't think anyone will be calling today. I hope and pray I get that phone call tomorrow. I just don't know if it's going to happen. I hope it will.

Believe in miracles. I want to. I want my own miracle. I'll let you know if it happens.

No comments: