Saturday, February 04, 2006

Back on the Blog! Hello, all! Yep, I'm back! I know it's been a loooong time since I've blogged, but I hope you'll forgive me. The new job is going great. I'm enjoying Picayune Junior High. Everyone there has been so, so nice to me. I like going into the different classrooms and seeing the different styles each teacher has. I've met some great kids. I've also seen a lot of my old PGT kids. It's made me feel so connected to home. I do miss having my own classroom and doing my own thing, but it's a good job. I really can't complain. Besides, I know I'll be back in my own classroom eventually. I can wait. Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday! Yay! For football fanatics like me it's like Christmas day! It's also a little bittersweet since it signals the end of the football season. This has been one surreal season, what with Katrina and all. Do I have any predictions? Nope. I think I'm going to just sit back and watch and enjoy. I like both teams, so I'll be happy with either a Pittsburgh or Seattle win. I had a great reunion today--with my hairdresser! I have been going to Anna for 16 years now. I never thought I'd trust anyone else with my hair. Well, Katrina came along, and I had to depend on someone else. Now Anna is over here near me, so I can go to her again! It was so wonderful to see her. She isn't just my hairdresser, she's my friend. I got cut and highlighted, so there was plenty of time for visiting and catching up. BTW, I decided to go for something different. I cut my hair! Yep, I had Anna lop off about six inches. It is precious! I haven't had it this short in a few years. I love the cut and my highlights. I still have blonde, but this time she worked in some caramel highlights. It looks great. I promise to post a picture soon. Yesterday was a milestone day in our family. Mom turned 60! I told her she doesn't look a day over 59. LOL She went home to St. Bernard for most of the day, which made her happy. Mom, Daddy, and I went to dinner at O'Henry's (gotta get that free birthday steak), and then we had the neighbors over for cake. It was a good day for her. Well, crew, I'm going to leave it at that. I promise to start blogging regularly again. Be good!

No comments: