Sunday, April 09, 2006

Happy Birthday, Kirby!
Today my little girl turns four! How quickly time flies. For those of you who don't know Kirby's story, here's the Reader's Digest version. When Kirby was just three weeks old, her mother disappeared. She had been left alone in my neighbor's garden and was crying and crying. We rescued her and fed her cat's milk in an eye dropper. She was so tiny. She weighed less than a pound when we took her in and fit in the palm of my hand. She thrived and grew into my precious girl. She is so sweet and loving--well, to me anyway. She's wary of strangers, running the other way when people come over. She actually went into a depression when we took in Ollie. But I wouldn't trade my little princess for anything in the world. I love waking up in the morning and having her staring me in the face ready to give kitty kisses. I laugh when I call her for treats; it's the only time you'll ever see her run for anything. When I'm sick she will lie in bed with me and be sick too. She cuddles up next to me when I read. I love you, Kirby girl! You are my precious girl!

No comments: