Friday, July 29, 2005

Cleaning Can Be Hazardous to Your Health
I have a confession to make. I hate to clean. I don't just dislike it. I hate it. I do keep a clean classroom, but when it comes to my own bedroom I hate to clean. My mother has been on my back all summer to clean my room, but I made tons of excuses. Well, I finally ran out of excuses. Slowly but surely the room is getting clean. Today I decided to tackle my armoire. I don't use it as a closet; I keep stuff in there that I have no other place for. I actually got it neat and organized. I called Mom in to show her just how good it looked. I opened the armoire door for her, and I caught myself in the forehead with the corner of the armoire door. Can you say OUCH? I now have a lovely little cut right about my left eyebrow. Thank goodness it wasn't big or deep, but it does hurt. If anyone sees me with my little cut and my busted knee, they're going to think I'm abused or just plain clumsy. (Well, I am clumsy!) The only good thing is that the cat scratches and bruise have healed. Oh, I haven't told you about those. We'll save that story for another day.

All these years I've had such an aversion to cleaning, and now I know why. I could get seriously hurt! I still have to dust the furniture in my room, so I'm not out of the woods yet. I'll let you know how that one turns out.

No comments: