Wednesday, July 27, 2005

It's Not the Heat, It's the Stupidity
Ahhh, summer in New Orleans. It's such a miserable time of year. Don't get me wrong, I love the city I live in. I just can't take the summertime weather. New Orleans summers aren't just hot, they're also horribly humid! I start sweating just walking from the house to the car. When I'm cold I can just put more clothes on. When I'm hot I'm just hot. There's no taking clothes off for me unless I want to be arrested for indecent exposure!

What just cracks me up are the local weatherpeople. I could do the weathercast in the summer and give the same info they're giving. "It's going to be a hot one!" they say. Well, duh! My favorite are the days when there are heat advisories. Another well, duh! When it's 95 degrees out with 100% humidity, it's going to be oppressively hot. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. Every summer it's the same thing. You'd swear we've never heard it before.

I do feel for those poor souls who have to work outside in the summer. It has to be just miserable for them. There was a story on last night's news about some elderly people who cannot afford air conditioning. Several groups are working to provide free fans for them, but is that really enough? Bless those poor souls!

I'm anxiously awaiting winter. It should arrive sometime around Christmas and last until at least mid-January. Well, maybe we'll be lucky this year and have it last until Mardi Gras.

1 comment:

Jennifer Stewart said...

LOL, Bridget! Hey, I agree with you. I haaate hot weather. I always ask my Mom, "why didn't you move our family to Colorado or somewhere?" :)

Have a GREAT day and stay cool, girl!

Jennifer